Trump Alien Files Release Puts 170 Records Online

Trump Alien Files Release Puts 170 Records Online

President Donald Trump ordered the release of more than 170 files on a Department of War website on May 8, making trump alien records from the 1940s through later decades publicly available. The files were posted as they were originally reported, without government clarification or explanation.

Trump Alien Files From The 1940s

Among the newly released material is a statement from Leland Sammers, a farmer near Stockton, Calif., who wrote after a Feb. 18, 1947 sighting that, "I was standing near my hog pen about 100 ft. east of my house, when I heard the pheasants raising a disturbance and the chickens all rushed into the chicken house," and then, "I looked toward the house to see what was causing it and saw something hovering just above the house." He added, "It] just wobbled around for an instant, fire belching out of it and sucking back in…Suddenly there was a lot of sparks showered from it…and it took off in a northwesterly direction, gaining altitude as it went."

Another newly released report, dated August 9, 1952, came from two employees of the DuPont Chemical plant in Savannah River, S.C. At 9:30 p.m., they reported seeing a blue light with an orange fringe shaped like a saucer flying at a high rate of speed toward the northeast. J. Edgar Hoover received the teletype report and replied two days later that the flying saucers were being investigated by the United States Air Force.

Department Of War Website Release

The release includes reports from farmers, commercial pilots, and Navy pilots, including videos captured through a windshield by Navy pilots of objects that appeared to be alien craft bobbing, hovering, darting, and weaving. Some of the accounts had already been widely reported and were the subject of Congressional hearings in 2022 and 2023; others were previously unknown in Department of War records.

Trump said at a Turning Point USA event on April 17, 2026, that he had directed the Secretary of War to begin releasing government files relating to UFOs and unexplained aerial phenomenon. He said, "As you remember, I recently directed the Secretary of War... to begin releasing government files relating to UFOs and unexplained aerial phenomenon," and added, "This process is well underway, and we found many very interesting documents, I must say, and the first releases will begin very, very soon."

Congressional Hearings And Public Access

The new posting changes which accounts the public can read without waiting for another disclosure cycle. The Department of War files now place older eyewitness reports, military footage, and federal responses in one public release, including material that dates back to the 1940s and material that had remained classified until last week.

The immediate next step is the review of how many more files will follow from the same release process, after Trump said the first releases would begin very, very soon. For readers tracking the files themselves, the practical shift is simple: the records are now online, and the newly public material is the starting point for what government offices decide to open next.

Next