Montreal police probe St-Laurent shooting of 17-year-old - Ctv News Montreal
ctv news montreal reports Montreal police are investigating after a 17-year-old boy was wounded in a late Sunday shooting in St-Laurent. Several 911 calls reporting gunshots near Bourgoin and Hufford streets came in shortly after 11 p.m., and officers found the teenager outside with a gunshot injury to his lower body.
Police took the teenager to hospital conscious, and he is expected to survive. Investigators said the victim sustained serious injuries, turning a street shooting into a hospital case within minutes.
Bourgoin and Hufford streets
At least one suspect allegedly fired at the teen before escaping by car before police arrived. That left investigators working with a scene that had already changed by the time officers reached the area.
Overnight, investigators secured the area while forensic technicians gathered evidence, and a police dog unit joined the search. Officers are also reviewing surveillance footage from nearby cameras as they try to identify and locate the suspect or suspects.
Montreal police search
No suspects have been arrested so far. The immediate focus now is on the footage, the evidence collected overnight, and the witness calls that brought officers to Bourgoin and Hufford streets shortly after 11 p.m.
For people in St-Laurent, the practical question is straightforward: police have not said the search has ended, so the area remains part of an active investigation while officers continue looking for whoever fled by car.