Alirza Dag Denies Tottenham Stadium Burglary During Beyonce Show
Two men have been charged over an alleged burglary at tottenham stadium during Beyonce’s sold-out concert on June 16 last year. Alirza Dag denied the burglary charge in court on Monday and chose a jury trial, putting the case on a longer track through the courts.
Dag Denies Tottenham Stadium Charge
Dag, 22, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court and told the court he had no plan to steal anything, according to his lawyer Katie McFadden. He was later released on unconditional bail until his next court hearing.
Prosecutors say Dag and Murat Kodalakoglu, 23, broke in with intent to steal. Both men have also been charged with criminal damage, and the prosecution says the pair caused £1,700 of damage to an electronic keypad used to access a VIP rooftop terrace.
Lilywhite House Access Allegation
The alleged break-in involved Lilywhite House, which houses administration offices at Spurs’ £1 billion stadium. The men are accused of cutting through wires on the electronic access panel to reach a balcony terrace usually accessible only to senior club executives.
The concert was the final night of six sellout shows at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Beyonce’s Cowboy Carter world tour. Dag’s case was sent to Wood Green Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on June 18, while Kodalakoglu did not turn up to court and his first hearing was adjourned until May 27.
The charge now splits the story in two: one defendant has denied it and secured a jury trial, while the other still has to face his first hearing. The court dates keep the case active, but the real issue is the allegation that a secured executive area inside Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was targeted during one of the venue’s biggest concerts of the year.