Cesc Fàbregas shuts door on Inter for Nico Paz

Cesc Fàbregas shuts door on Inter for Nico Paz

Cesc Fàbregas has closed the Inter door on nico paz. The Como coach said the midfielder will either return to Real Madrid or stay with Como next season, after Inter’s interest had already drawn public praise from Javier Zanetti.

Fàbregas Sets Nico Paz Line

“Fue una figura muy importante en el fútbol y conoce bien la dinámica. Pero Nico es jugador del Como al 50%. El único club que puede opinar es el Real Madrid. Sé que Zanetti no trabaja ni para el Madrid ni para el Como, entonces, hay que ser respetuoso. También hay pequeños mensajes que no me gustan. Una cosa sí sé con certeza: Nico Paz no jugará en el Inter. O regresa al Real Madrid o juega en el Como el año que viene”

That is the clearest statement yet on his immediate future. Paz joined Como in 2024 from Real Madrid on a four-year contract, and the Spanish club kept 50% of the rights to his future sale, which leaves Madrid in a stronger position than Inter in any deal for the 2025-26 season.

Real Madrid Hold The Edge

Real Madrid also has an option to buy him back in three summer transfer windows for between nine and eleven million euros, and the article says the club will buy him back in June for 10 million euros. That figure sits far below his current market value, listed at 50 million euros, and it makes the Madrid route the one with the clearest financial path.

Paz’s production has made the conversation sharper. He was chosen as the best midfielder in Serie A for the 2025-26 season, and he has 12 goals and seven assists in 35 league matches. Those numbers explain why Inter had already tried to sign him a year earlier and why his name keeps surfacing around bigger clubs.

Como Manage Nico Paz Fitness

Fàbregas also addressed the knee issue that kept him out against Parma. Paz took a knock to his left knee against Verona, then missed the Parma match, and the coach said he was feeling better but not in his best shape.

“No quiero asustar a Scaloni. Mi objetivo es que todos estén al 100%. Nico Paz se siente mejor en este momento, pero no está en su mejor forma. Evaluaremos mejor la situación en 24 o 48 horas. El jugador se está cuidando mu”

Como were still in contention for a Champions League place before the Sunday night match against Cremonese, so his status matters on two fronts: the immediate run-in and the longer transfer decision. For now, Fàbregas has made the choice public — Inter is out, and the next move sits between Real Madrid and Como.

Next