Police Scotland launched a double murder investigation after Paul Lafferty, 50, and Gary Beaton, 54, were found dead in a flat on Chancellor Street, Glasgow, in Partick about 16:40 on Sunday. The flat was the home of one of the men, and police said the pair knew each other.
Post-mortem examinations on Monday and Tuesday found the deaths were murder, while detectives said they believe a knife was used. Officers have kept a large presence in Partick as they trawl hours of public and private CCTV footage and continue door-to-door enquiries.
Cheryl Kelly appeal
Cheryl Kelly of Police Scotland’s Major Investigation Team said, “It is vital we trace whoever is responsible and we are fully committed to doing this.” She added, “I am appealing directly to anyone with any information, no matter how small or insignificant they feel it may be, to come forward and speak to us.”
Kelly also said, “Please do not assume that the police already know the information you have.” She asked for information from anyone who knew Paul and Gary or who was in the Partick area near to Chancellor Street from Friday morning from 09:00, who saw Paul or Gary, or saw or heard anything suspicious.
Craig Brady statement
Supt Craig Brady said, “I would like to extend my sympathies to the family and friends of Paul and Gary as they try to come to terms with their loss.” He added, “We understand the significant impact this will have on the local community and I would like to thank everyone for their help so far.”
Police said the last sighting of either man had been on Friday morning, leaving a gap of more than two days before the bodies were discovered. Investigators also said they were keeping an open mind about whether there was one killer or more than one, while the search for witnesses and CCTV material continues.







