Metro police identify Conor Anderson Nashville body recovered near 14 James Robertson Pkwy

Metro police identified a body recovered near 14 James Robertson Pkwy as Conor Anderson, a 31-year-old from Colorado visiting Nashville.

Published
2 Min Read
Metro police identify Conor Anderson Nashville body recovered near 14 James Robertson Pkwy

Metro police said Thursday evening that a body recovered near a parking lot at 14 James Robertson Pkwy was identified as Conor Anderson, the 31-year-old from Colorado at the center of the Conor Anderson Nashville missing-person case. The recovery moves the case from a search for answers to a death investigation handled by the Medical Examiner.

- Advertisement -

14 James Robertson Pkwy recovery

Police said the body was found in a woodline near the parking lot. They said there were no indications of foul play, and the Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death. That leaves the recovery site, the identification and the cause to be treated as separate parts of the case, with the last one still awaiting an official finding.

Colorado visit to Nashville

Police said Anderson’s visit to Nashville started on Saturday, when he checked into the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel in North Nashville. Family said he went to a concert at Nissan Stadium on Saturday night. Police said they had not heard from him since early Sunday morning.

Body camera footage obtained by NewsChannel 5 showed Anderson in East Nashville on Sunday. In that video, he told officers, “I asked a man in the bar to show me around the neighborhood.” He also said, “He took the cash and walked off.”

East Nashville interaction

Anderson said he paid the man $20 and then another $20 before the man walked off. He also said he accidentally walked in front of the man’s and his friends’ car, then called police to report the details of the car. Anderson and the officers parted ways when he did not want to make a formal report.

- Advertisement -

Police said they do not know whether that East Nashville encounter was related to his disappearance. The Missing Persons Unit had been working around the clock, and Marsh said it was aware he was missing, was working to support his family and asked anyone who could help to call police.

The case now rests with the Medical Examiner’s finding on cause of death, while the missing-person timeline ends with a recovered body and a family left with the last recorded interaction and the unanswered gap between early Sunday morning and Thursday evening.

Advertisement
Share This Article
Investigative news reporter specialising in local government, public policy, and social issues. Two-time Regional Press Award winner.