RCMP Find Jay’siiah Webb-Long Remains Near Pelican Narrows — Saskatoon Weather
RCMP found the remains of 16-year-old Jay’siiah Webb-Long on May 13 during a planned search near Pelican Narrows, Sask., and are treating the case as suspicious. The discovery came after more than a year without a public resolution in the case, and residents in Pelican Narrows may continue to notice an increased police presence while investigators work.
Webb-Long was originally from Brampton and had been living in Pelican Narrows around the time of his disappearance, RCMP said. His disappearance was first handled as a missing persons case by Peel Regional Police before Saskatchewan RCMP Major Crimes took over the file in July 2025.
May 13 Search Near Pelican Narrows
The remains were found during what Saskatchewan RCMP described as a “planned search.” Police said an autopsy was conducted on May 15, but they have not released Webb-Long’s cause of death.
RCMP have not announced any arrests or charges. Investigators are asking anyone with information about Webb-Long’s disappearance or death to contact Saskatchewan RCMP or Crime Stoppers.
Webb-Long File In Saskatchewan
The move to Saskatchewan RCMP Major Crimes in July shifted the case from a missing persons investigation into a broader criminal probe. That change now leaves the search for answers focused on what happened between the teen’s last contact with family members on social media on May 16, 2025, and the discovery near Pelican Narrows on May 13.
For people in Pelican Narrows, the immediate change is a visible police presence tied to an investigation that remains active. For Webb-Long’s family and anyone who saw him before he disappeared, the most urgent next step is the flow of information to investigators, since police have tied the case to a suspicious death but have not said how he died.