CHP Deactivates Amber Alert Los Angeles Today After Boy Found
California Highway Patrol deactivated amber alert los angeles today after authorities said 3-year-old Elias Linares Quintanilla was located in the Los Angeles area. The alert had been issued after he was last seen Thursday morning in South L.A. with his mother, Sonia Quintanilla, 38.
CHP issued the alert for Elias after saying the child had been taken by his mother in the Los Angeles area. Authorities believed the pair were in a gray 2008 Pontiac G6 when the alert went out.
Elias Linares Quintanilla
Elias was the child named in the alert. His last reported location placed him in South L.A. with his mother before the alert was sent and then shut down shortly afterward.
The deactivation means the active search notice ended soon after it began. For people in the Los Angeles area, the practical change is immediate: the emergency alert tied to Elias is no longer in force.
South L.A. alert
The alert centered on a child last seen Thursday morning in South L.A., which made the notice local and time-sensitive from the start. CHP said it moved quickly from issuance to deactivation once the boy was located.
The gray 2008 Pontiac G6 remained part of the alert details when it was active. With the child found, the alert no longer applies, and the remaining fact in the record is that authorities had identified Sonia Quintanilla, 38, as the mother involved.