Pentagon Releases 50 Ufo Sightings Videos and Documents

Pentagon Releases 50 Ufo Sightings Videos and Documents

The Pentagon released a second batch of ufo sightings videos and documents on Friday, adding 50 more videos and records to a public file that already drew heavy traffic earlier this month. The new release includes first-hand testimony from civilians and military members.

Pentagon release adds 50 records

The latest tranche expands the material available for review with new footage and written accounts. It also includes videos from the Middle East, Iran, Syria and an undisclosed location, giving the public another look at material the Defense Department has now made available in two rounds.

One 2019 video showed three unidentified aerial phenomena flying in formation over the Persian Gulf. The Pentagon said that clip was likely taken from an infrared sensor aboard a US military platform operating within the US Central Command area of responsibility.

Iran, Syria and October 2022

Another video from 2022 showed four unidentified objects flying past vessels on the water off Iran. Footage from Syria in 2021 showed a mysterious object moving away at speed akin to instantaneous warp-speed acceleration. An October 2022 clip from an undisclosed location showed a cigar-shaped entity racing over what appeared to be a residential area.

None of the videos came with explanations. The Pentagon's all-domain anomaly resolution office has previously said it has no evidence to suggest that any of the thousands of objects seen on video or described in written testimony is of extraterrestrial origin.

Trump, Wally Schirra and the files

Donald Trump directed the release of government files related to UAP and the possibility of extraterrestrial life in February. He said then, “I don't know personally if aliens are real or not.” The first reveal earlier this month included 162 files of previously secret or rarely seen accounts of UAP sightings and drew more than a billion hits on the government website set up to house the files.

The second release also included new Nasa recordings, among them astronaut descriptions of mysterious objects and bright lights similar to those reported by Buzz Aldrin in the first release. In a Mercury-Atlas 8 recording from October 1962, Wally Schirra told mission control he saw “little white objects that seem to come from the”.

The Defense Department said in its 8 May release that “the public “can ultimately make up their own minds about the information contained in these files”.” It also said it was working on a third release and would announce it in the near future.

For readers following the files, Friday’s release means the public record has grown again, but the department has still offered no explanation for the videos it has shared.

Next